Officer payouts dashboard
How to use the dashboard
Search the data
Search the data using the tabs at the top of the dashboard:
- Payout Amounts by Year
- Payout Amounts
- Payout Amount by Case by Date
- Payouts Ordered by Amount
- Case Details
Read the data
Terms to know:
- Plaintiff: The name of the involved party
- Jurisdiction: The location where the legal action happened
- Hennepin County District Court is under the laws of Minnesota
- US District Court is under federal law
- Civil process: The nature of the legal process
- The City and the Plaintiff resolve claims
- The Courts watch over Litigation
- Description: How the matter was resolved
- Lawsuit settlement: The parties agreed to the payout amount before a trial is done
- Lawsuit judgment: The payout amount was decided by a judge or jury
- Incident date: The date of the event leading to the legal action
- Date opened: The date the City Attorney’s office opens a file for the case
- Payout date: The date the City pays the Plaintiff after the City Council officially approves the payout
To read the details:
- Hover: To read the data element details, place your cursor over the graph.
- Click: Click an area on a graph or chart to highlight specific information.
For best results:
- View the dashboard in full screen.
- Use Chrome or Firefox as your browser.
City Attorney's Office
350 Fifth St. S.Room 210
Minneapolis, MN 55415
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday