Certificate of insurance

To receive a license from the City, evaluators must provide a certificate of insurance.

Before you begin

When filling out the form, keep the following rules in mind:

  • Policies must be occurrence-based for both general liability and professional liability insurance. The insurance certificates must show:
    • Policy numbers
    • Insurance agent's name and signature
  • We do not accept:
    • Claims-made policies
    • Surplus insurance
  • The name of the insured must be the individual evaluator, not the company.
  • You may list only one evaluator per insurance certificate.

For more information, see the Insurance requirements explanation or the Minneapolis Code of Ordinances, Chapter 248.190.

Read Minneapolis Code of Ordinances, Chapter 248.190


Contact us

Minneapolis Truth in Housing (TISH)

Community Planning & Economic Development (CPED)






505 Fourth Ave. S., 320
Minneapolis, MN 55415

Office hours

7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Monday – Friday

Minneapolis 311


7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday

See list of City holidays