Pet fostering application
Before you begin
- Fosters provide care, play, exercise, and socialization for an animal.
- Fosters will work together with Minneapolis Animal Care & Control (MACC) to provide the best care for the animal and find the animal a perfect home.
- A foster family must be able to get to MACC for supplies and foster pet care.
What to know
- This foster application is for those willing to commit to housing an animal.
- We use this application to help us match a pet to your home environment.
- You'll need to list an emergency contact in the application.
- A MACC staff member will call you after your application is reviewed to discuss the program with you. This is usually done within 7- 14 business days.
Request accessible format
If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.
Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Schedule an appointment
Minneapolis Animal Care & Control
Animal Care & Control
212 17th Ave. N.
Minneapolis, MN 55411
Call to make an appointment for vaccines, foster pick-up/drop off, or another reason not listed here. Note that starting March 13, vaccine and microchip appointments will be temporarily suspended.
Walk-in visits for adoption
Monday through Friday 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. and second Saturday of each month 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Closed on the following Mondays: March 6, April 3, May 8, and June 5.
Closed on City holidays
Field service hours
For non-emergency requests, please call 311 and an officer will respond in the order in which the call was received.
For emergency situations, please call 911.