What to do
During the party, call 911
- Give the address of the party and say that your complaint is about a "noisy party."
- You can remain anonymous, but it helps to give your name, address and phone number.
- The noisy or unruly assembly law is enforced 24 hours a day.
If the problem continues
Talk with neighbors and plan a strategy. Tactics may include:
- Everyone calls 911 when a noisy party starts
- Everyone calls the property owner when a party disturbs neighbors
- Invite tenants or owner to a meeting or mediation session
- Contact your Crime Prevention Specialist
Violations of noisy or unruly assembly law can lead to fines of up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail.
Property owners can lose their rental license. See Code of Ordinances, Article XVI Rental Dwelling Licenses
If you want to report a noisy party, please follow the recommendations above. Unless you’re comfortable doing so, do not approach neighbors with your noise complaints.