You can report a noisy party or unruly gathering.
What to do
During the party, call 911
- Give the address of the party and say that your complaint is about a "noisy party."
- You can remain anonymous, but it helps to give your name, address and phone number.
See Code of Ordinances, 389.65
If the problem continues
Talk with neighbors and plan a strategy. Tactics may include:
- Everyone calls the property owner when a party disturbs neighbors
- Invite tenants or owner to a meeting or mediation session
- Contact your Crime Prevention Specialist
Violations of noisy or unruly assembly law can lead to fines of up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail.
Property owners can lose their rental license. See Code of Ordinances, Article XVI Rental Dwelling Licenses
For construction or other noise, see "Noise complaint"
If you want to report a noisy party, please follow the recommendations above. Unless you’re comfortable doing so, do not approach neighbors with your noise complaints.
7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday