Forgery or fraud

You can report forged checks and internet fraud to the police. You can also report a lost or stolen driver's license or passport to the police.

What to do

Forged checks

Call 911.

Identity theft

To make an identity theft report:

You should also contact a credit reporting agency for a credit report and to request that they put a fraud alert on your data.

Internet fraud

If the suspect lives in Minneapolis or the money or product was sent here:

The Federal Trade Commission can help you safeguard your identity online.

Lost or stolen driver’s license

Report the loss or theft to the Minneapolis Police Department, and apply for a new driver’s license as soon as possible. 

Go to Minnesota Driver and Vehicle Services and ask them to flag your driver’s license as stolen to help prevent identity theft.

Lost or stolen passport

Other resources

Contact us

Minneapolis 311


7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday

See list of City holidays