Dowling Ave N reconstruction and areaway removal
The Dowling Reconstruction Project has two parts:
- The Upper Dowling project includes Dowling Ave N from Lyndale Ave to Washington Ave.
- The Lower Dowling project includes Dowling Ave N from Washington Ave to W. River Rd N, 33rd Ave N from 2nd St N to the Mississippi River and Phase 1 of W. River Rd N.
Contact the project team:
Both projects are scheduled to begin in the spring 2023.
Update for Upper Dowling Ave N:
Phase 1 (east of the TH 94 bridge)
- The entrance and exit on/off of westbound I-94 to/from Dowling Avenue and east of TH-94 opened September 1, 2023.
Phase 2 (west of the TH 94 bridge)
- The entrance and exit on/off of eastbound I-94 to/from Dowling Avenue and Lyndale & Dowling Ave intersection to west TH-94 will be closed from September 5, 2023 until mid-November 2023.
- The sidewalk, bike trail, and boulevard restoration will be completed in the spring 2024.
Expect the following traffic impacts:
- Detours - Upper Dowling Ave N - Stage 2 detour map
- Lane restrictions
- intersection reductions
- parking restrictions
Residents, businesses, and visitors may face the following:
- Dust in work areas
Sign up for project updates
Sign up to get alerts about this project. You'll need to provide your email address.
This project is currently in progress.