Concrete streets rehabilitation
Concrete streets deteriorate over time as water and salt enter joints and cracks.
Factors that worsen conditions:
- Poor drainage
- Underlying soil conditions
- Higher traffic volumes
The Concrete Streets Rehabilitation program extends the life of concrete streets throughout the city.
We target concrete streets for which a proper repair will:
- prolong the street’s life and
- improve ride quality and neighborhood livability.
Repairing concrete generally consists of:
- Saw cutting
- Removing and replacing deteriorated concrete joints
- Other pavement distresses
We also replace concrete panels that we cannot salvage.
Other updates we may make:
- Upgrade select pedestrian ramps
- Replace select curbs and gutters
- Resurface the street pavement with a diamond grind
Any of these tasks will likely require us to replace less than 25 percent of the pavement. Along with the street work, we’ll make improvements to gas, water, and sewer utilities.
In 2023, the City will rehabilitate concrete pavement at the following locations in the Seward neighborhoods of Minneapolis. Construction is expected to take place starting in April 2022 and will finish by July 2022. City forces will be performing the work.
- Minnehaha Avenue from Franklin Avenue East to 24th Street East
In early Spring 2023, sawing and sealing work will take place on the following streets:
- 44th Street East from Minnehaha Avenue to Edmund Boulevard
Weekly stakeholder meeting
Weekly stakeholder meeting
The project team will be available weekly to answer your questions about the project. Affected residents and business owners are encouraged to attend and bring your questions.
2023 Concrete Pavement Rehabilitation weekly stakeholder meeting
- Every Tuesday
- 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Via Microsoft Teams
You may call into the live event at the number below.
- 612-276-6670 (United States, Minneapolis)
- Phone Conference ID: 942 365 883#
Help with Microsoft Teams
Anyone can join a Microsoft Teams web meeting. A free software download may be required. The type of download may vary based on how you join the meeting (computer, android device, apple device).
Learn more about Microsoft Teams
Minnehaha Ave S between 24th St E and Franklin Ave
- No Parking to begin on April 3rd
- Thru-traffic to remain on Minnehaha throughout the project
For information on current construction activities, please refer to the March 21st letter to residents.
- 44th Street East from Minnehaha Avenue to 42nd Ave S (West leg)
- 44th Street East from 46th Ave S to Edmund Boulevard (Far east leg)
- 44th Street East from 42nd Ave S to 46th Ave S (East leg)
Joint Sealing will continue in the spring. These are rolling operations with slow moving construction equipment. On-street parking impacts are anticipated and “NO PARKING” will be signed in advance.
The grass seed was applied in the late fall. This seed was dormant over the winter and should germinate in the spring. In the spring, keep the seed moist to encourage growth.
This is an annual project.
Request accessible format
If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.
Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Sign up for project updates
Sign up to get alerts about this project. You'll need to provide your email address.