Transit priority lanes past projects
You can see transit priority lane projects we've completed in the past.
2019 - 2021
- Permanent southbound center running bus-only lane/turn lane from 28th Street to the Chicago-Lake Transit Station
- Reuses existing right-of-way while maintaining on-street parking and existing north and southbound travel lanes
- Will be in operation 24 hours a day
- May adjust the configuration once the future D Line is up and operational in 2021
2019 - 2020
- Permanent weekday curbside dynamic lanes
- Northbound from Lake Street to Uptown Transit Center, weekdays from 7:00-9:00 a.m.
- Northbound from 25th Street to Franklin Avenue, weekdays from 7:00-9:00 a.m.
- Southbound from 25th Street to Uptown Transit Center, weekdays from 4:00-6:30 p.m.
- Reuses curbside parking during weekday peak hours
- Parking is permitted outside of the designated bus only lane hours
*The permanent bus lanes on Hennepin Avenue were evaluated from September 2019 to February 2020
- Temporary, two-week test; November 4th-19th 2019
- Northbound travel lane will be converted to a bus-only lane
- Center turn lane will be repurposed as the northbound vehicular lane
- Traffic cones and signage to separate vehicular and bus lanes
- Right-turn restrictions on northbound traffic
- Bus stop closure at 25th Street East during a portion of the pilot
Address250 South 4th Street5th FloorMinneapolis, MN 55414
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday
The office is not open to the public at this time.