Transit priority lanes help us meet our goals
We've partnered with Metro Transit to install and pilot transit priority lanes across the City.
Transit priority lanes help
- Improve the speed of buses
- Makes transit more reliable for customers
Transportation Action Plan goals
To reach Transportation Action Plan City policies and goals:
- We'll test and install transit priority lanes on transit corridors.
- Transit priority lanes will expand into a network of permanent infrastructure across the city.
- Mode shift and climate goals
Transit priority lanes work to help the City make progress towards its mode shift goal.
This goal is to have three out of every five trips taken by:
- or transit
This would also help us achieve the City's climate goals.
How transit priority lanes help us meet our goals
Transit priority lanes are a cost-effective way to meet our goals. It does this by:
- increasing the capacity and efficiency of the street to move more people
- makes transit more enjoyable
- reducing greenhouse gas emissions