Arts, culture and events
Community artists are doing inspirational work in the area.
The 38th & Chicago area
The area includes George Perry Floyd Square, Peoples Way, and the Thirty-Eighth Street Cultural District.
- The George Floyd Global Memorial (GFGM) organization
- The City of Minneapolis Public Art Program
We will consider future public art as part of the design for:
- The intersection of 38th & Chicago
- Peoples Way
- We support public events that promote racial justice.
- Some grant money is available through the City's Creative Response Fund.
Apply for a grant
The Ward 8 Community Benevolence Fund awards grants for projects that have a positive impact on the 38th and Chicago area.
Office of Public Service
350 Fifth St. S., Room 301M
Minneapolis, MN 55415
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday
George Perry Floyd Square at 38th & Chicago