Types of complaints we handle
The Office of Police Conduct Review (OPCR) handles any violation of the Policy and Procedure Manual, including:
- Excessive use of force
- Inappropriate language or attitude
- Discrimination in the provision of police services.
- Failure to provide adequate or timely police protection
- Criminal misconduct
See the Policy and Procedure Manual
Learn more about OPCR's complaint review process
Types of complaints MPD Internal Affairs handles
The Police Department's Internal Affairs Division handles the following types of complaints:
- Respect in the workplace investigations
- Complaints that involve civilian employees
- Incidents that exceed the reckoning period of 270 days
Learn more about the Internal Affairs Division
Note: Minneapolis does not investigate complaints about officers from other cities or agencies.