What to do
Our Ethics Code promotes high ethical standards and behavior throughout City government.
To make a complaint
- Complete the form below.
- Submit it to the Ethics Officer.
Your ethics complaint must:
- Describe a specific violation of the Ethics in Government code
- Be filed within one year of the alleged violation. If the violation began more than a year ago but continued to a time within the past year, the City may consider the complaint.
- Include specific facts and supporting documentation
Note that the law excludes complaints about the aspiration sections of the Code (15.10, 15.20, 15.130, and 15.180).
How the City will respond
- Complaints about employees, except department heads, are handled by the department.
- The Ethical Practices Board handles complaints about:
- Elected officials
- Department heads
- Appointed non-employee local officials