You can report domestic abuse and order-of-protection violations and get help.
What to do
If the situation is urgent
If you can't call right away, protect yourself and call 911 as soon as possible.
Give the responding police officers as much information as you can:
- Who and where the offender is
- If there was a weapon and how it was used against you
- If there were witnesses, including children
- If there has been abuse in the past
We can offer you temporary shelter and direct you to many services provided by the community.
If the situation is not urgent
Contact the Hennepin County Domestic Abuse Service Center
24-Hour Metro Crisis Line
24-Hour Domestic Violence Line for Counseling and Shelter
If you want to talk or make a plan for safety
- Call the Minnesota Day One Crisis Hotline at 1-866-223-1111
- Contact a domestic violence advocacy agency
7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday