Domestic abuse

You can report domestic abuse and order-of-protection violations and get help.

What to do

If the situation is urgent

Call 911.

If you can't call right away, protect yourself and call 911 as soon as possible.

Give the responding police officers as much information as you can:

  • Who and where the offender is
  • If there was a weapon and how it was used against you
  • If there were witnesses, including children
  • If there has been abuse in the past

We can offer you temporary shelter and direct you to many services provided by the community.

If the situation is not urgent

Contact the Hennepin County Domestic Abuse Service Center

24-Hour Metro Crisis Line

24-Hour Domestic Violence Line for Counseling and Shelter

If you want to talk or make a plan for safety

Contact us

Minneapolis 311


7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday

See list of City holidays