Animal issue

You can report animal-related issues to Animal Care & Control.

What to do

Report an animal life-threatening emergency or illegal activity to 911

Contact 911 when:

  • A life-threatening emergency
  • A suspected illegal activity in progress, such as dog fighting

Report another animal issues to 311

For all other animal issues, contact 311

We will send your complaint to an Animal Care & Control officer. Officers will respond in the order in which the call was received.

Safety note

For your safety, do not approach people about issues with their animals. If you see an animal issue, contact 911 or 311.


Types of animal issues you can report

  • Animal bites
  • Animal fighting
  • Dog barking
  • Stray animals
  • Animal neglect or abuse

What you'll need 

  • Address of the home or building location for
    • The animal, or
    • The incident involving an animal
  • A description of the incident

Report an animal issue to 311

Contact us

Minneapolis 311


7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday

See list of City holidays