Prepare to stay healthier when illnesses rise and we’re indoors more this winter. Flu, COVID-19, pertussis and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) can all be miserable to have with serious outcomes. The best way to keep yourself, your family and our community healthy is by being prepared.
- Stay up to date on vaccinations. Learn more on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.
- Stay home when you’re sick. Have a plan to care for children or family who should be staying home when they’re sick. If you work in Minneapolis, you get sick and safe time off.
- Wear a mask. Masking against COVID-19 can also protect against other respiratory illnesses including flu, pertussis and RSV.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Keep surfaces clean.
- Hold events outdoors when it’s safe or with social distancing.
- See the CDC website for updated COVID-19 guidance.