Can you help animals in need? Minneapolis Animal Care & Control has launched its new animal foster program, giving the public the opportunity to volunteer to temporarily provide animals extra care, attention and homes.
Fosters are a great way to provide animals with care, play, exercise and socialization. Animals that are placed with volunteers in the foster program may include:
- Those too young or small for adoption.
- Those recovering from surgery or illness.
- Those who need temporary housing due to domestic violence situations.
- Those experiencing temporary displacement from an emergency or natural disaster.
- And animals who could use a break from the shelter environment.
Minneapolis Animal Care & Control will provide all supplies and medical care for foster pet care.
Applicants must be willing to commit to housing an animal, and have the ability to get to and from Minneapolis Animal Care & Control, 212 17th Ave. N., Minneapolis. Staff will contact applicants after their application is reviewed to discuss the program, and will work with you to provide the best matches possible.