Register now for an exciting day of learning, connecting and community conversation. The City’s free Community Connections Conference May 21 connects residents of Minneapolis, community groups, neighborhoods and local government. This year's conference theme is "forward together," welcoming all communities to reconnect with the City and get involved in moving Minneapolis forward.
The conference will offer:
- The 2022 Green Zones Summit raising awareness and building power for environmental justice. The Green Zone Summit programming during this year's conference will include sessions about environmental justice, the Minneapolis Climate Action Plan, urban agriculture, green workforce, zero waste and air pollution.
- Multilingual community conversation sessions on community safety, youth, housing, small business and local government.
- A panel on aging and older adults.
- Free food.
- Performances by local artists.
- Kids activities.
We are seeking volunteers for the conference. You can help welcome guests, guide people to community conversation sessions or keep lunch services running smoothly. Bilingual volunteers are especially helpful. Sign up to volunteer.
Share the conference
If you’d like to share the save-the-date with others, we have Facebook event pages in four languages:
- English: 2022 Community Connections Conference: forward together.
- Spanish: Conferencia Comunitaria 2022: Juntos para adelante.
- Somali: Shirka bulshada ee 2022: "Horay Baan Usoconaynaa."
- Hmong: Koomtes Mus Ua Ke: Community Connections Conference 2022.
Sign up for the conference
You can sign up online to attend the conference until May 20. You can also register in person at the conference.
Forward together: Community Connections Conference
9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, May 21
Register on the City website.