Hennepin Ave. S. reconstruction
The City will reconstruct Hennepin Ave. between W. Lake St. and Douglas Ave. We designed the layout to meet current and future needs.
- Improve the sidewalk and intersections for all users
- Evaluate a protected bikeway on Hennepin Ave. S.
- Create space for improved transit stops that work with the future METRO E Line Bus Rapid Transit (BRT)
- Replace aging traffic signal and stormwater infrastructure
- Maintain and improve mobility for transit and motor vehicles
- Meet the City's transportation and climate change goals
We did preplanning work in 2018 to apply for federal funding through the Metropolitan Council’s Regional Solicitation. Our ongoing planning work will include:
- Conducting technical work
- Collecting community feedback
- Reviewing policy guidance including the Transportation Action Plan, Complete Streets Policy and Vision Zero
We held virtual public meetings on March 2 and March 4, 2021 to discuss the project.
- View the virtual open house 3 presentation
- View questions and answers from the live meeting
- View a summary of the design options
We would like your feedback on the following design layouts:
Provide input on the project by:
- Using the feedback map to leave comments (the recommended browsers for this map are Chrome, Firefox, and Safari).
- Filling out the Hennepin South Reconstruction Project survey.
The project team is seeking input through April 16, 2021. Contact us with questions.
The project is currently in the input phase. Based on feedback, we have delayed street construction by one year. Construction is now planned to begin in 2024. The planning and design timeline will continue as planned, with layout approval in summer 2021. View project schedule.
Sign up for project updates
Sign up to get alerts about this project. You'll need to provide your email address.