Cityview N. 4th St. Safe Routes to School
Info about updates near Cityview Community School on N. 4th St. This is a Safe Routes to School project.
2021 - 2023
Location4th St N between Lowry Ave N and 34th Ave N & 34th Ave N between Lyndale Ave N and 4th St N. McKinley
- The City plans to add traffic calming treatments to 4th St N and 34th Ave N near Cityview school.
- Improvements will meet current and future needs and align with City policies. Relevant City policies include:
- Potential traffic calming treatments may include:
- Pedestrian median and refuge island
- Curb bumpout
- Stop sign
- Speed bump
- Traffic circle
- Bike boulevard
- Raised crossing
Safe Routes to School projects
For more information on other Safe Routes to School (SRTS) safety improvements, visit the Safe Routes to School program page.
- Make it safe, convenient, and fun for children to walk and bike to and from Cityview school.
- Enhance bicycle and pedestrian networks and increase safety for all users.
- Integrate traffic calming elements that reduce vehicle speeds next to Cityview school.
See the Cityview SRTS one-pager
For more information about the project concept, view the Cityview one-pager.
This project is receiving input.
Sign up for project updates
Sign up to get alerts about this project. You'll need to provide your email address.
350 Fifth St. S.Room 203
Minneapolis, MN 55415
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday
The office is not open to the public at this time.
Associate Transportation Planner