As an Urban Scholar, you will participate in The Urban Scholars Leadership Institute (USLI) at the Public Service Building, Room 100.
- You will be assigned to a cohort or small group.
- Your cohort will attend leadership training together.
- You will attend the training once a week during your 12-week summer internship.
See where the Public Service Building is located
- Features speakers and panelists from across the region who
- Work in the public sectors
- Address a variety of work-related topics
- Teaches soft skills like
- Time management
- Conflict resolution
- Creates space for you to
- Reflect on your experiences in the workplace
- Process what you are learning
- Identify your personal strengths, values and habits
- Practice public speaking in a supportive space
Being part of an Urban Scholar cohort helps you develop a network of life-long professional and personal relationships.