Who can apply
- This program is open to all Minneapolis Public School students in pre-kindergarten through 5th grade. This program is not available for students in a:
- Charter school
- Private school
- The household must:
- Owe back rent or utilities payments.
- Have an income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
See 2023 Federal Poverty Guidelines for Minnesota
How to apply
- Talk to you school social worker.
- School social workers make program referrals.
Immigration documentation status does not affect a family’s eligibility.
Public housing waiting lists
Program participants will stay on Minneapolis Public Housing Authority (MPHA) waiting lists for:
- Public housing
- Housing choice vouchers