Livable Communities grants
The Metropolitan Council offers grants for some real estate projects. The grant program gives people more options for housing and jobs.
The Metropolitan Council funds the Livable Communities program.
The City applies for grants on behalf of selected projects. We select projects during the sponsorship application process.
The program provides funds projects that support the Council’s goals:
- Increase connections between housing, jobs, parks and trails
- Offer more housing choices:
- Add new housing types
- Keep affordable housing
- Lower project impact on climate change with site design and building practices
- Support economic growth with living wage jobs and training
- Create fairer development outcomes
Community Planning & Economic Development (CPED)
Public Service Building
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 320
Minneapolis, MN 55415