How to apply for jobs
Steps to apply
- To be considered for a position and to review the qualifications, please visit our Jobs page
- Follow the instructions to submit your application materials.
- You must submit the application and related materials by the due date.
If you have questions, please contact Human Resources
Key application details
- The City only accepts applications online. We do not have a paper application.
- We require a valid email address to create an account.
- Provide your legal name as it appears on your Social Security card. Use upper and lower case letters to write your name (e.g. Mary Jones).
- You must submit all required documents listed on the job posting with a completed application by the closing date.
- Incomplete applications may be rejected.
- A resume is not a substitute for completing the online application. If the online application does not include complete information, we cannot consider it further.
Application status and updates
- We communicate with applicants via email, so be sure to check your email frequently (including spam/junk mailbox).
- We'll update your application status throughout the hiring process. You can find this information in your account under "Applications and status".
- Online applications are stored on a secure site. Only authorized employees have access to the information submitted.
- The City of Minneapolis does not retain applicant login or password information.
- Forgotten passwords can be reset by clicking "Reset Password" on the login page.