Officer payouts dashboard
View payments we've made as part of officer conduct claims and lawsuits.
How to use the dashboard
Search the data
Search the data using the tabs at the top of the dashboard:
- Payout Amounts by Year
- Payout Amounts
- Payout Amount by Case by Date
- Payouts Ordered by Amount
- Case Details
Read the data
Terms to know:
- Plaintiff: The name of the involved party
- Jurisdiction: The location where the legal action happened
- Hennepin County District Court is under the laws of Minnesota
- US District Court is under federal law
- Civil process: The nature of the legal process
- The City and the Plaintiff resolve claims
- The Courts watch over Litigation
- Description: How the matter was resolved
- Lawsuit settlement: The parties agreed to the payout amount before a trial is done
- Lawsuit judgment: The payout amount was decided by a judge or jury
- Incident date: The date of the event leading to the legal action
- Date opened: The date the City Attorney’s office opens a file for the case
- Payout date: The date the City pays the Plaintiff after the City Council officially approves the payout
To read the details:
- Hover: To read the data element details, place your cursor over the graph.
- Click: Click an area on a graph or chart to highlight specific information.
For best results:
- View the dashboard in full screen.
- Use Chrome or Firefox as your browser.
City Attorney's Office
350 Fifth St. S.Room 210
Minneapolis, MN 55415
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday