The State of Minnesota sets the standards for how to classify and value your property.
We use those standards to make a fair, accurate assessment of your property's market value.
- Prepare and mail annual valuation notices
- Handle homestead applications
- Administer property tax exemption programs
- Respond to public requests for real estate property information
- Provide valuation information to the taxing authorities
- Maintain the City's property records
We do not
- Set the tax rate
- Issue tax statements
- Bill, collect or refund taxes or specials assessments
- Administer the homestead credit refund