Plumbing release form

Before the City removes or replaces your water meter, you must sign the release form below. You'll need the account number from your utility bill.

What to know

Before the City can remove your water meter:

  • You must sign this Plumbing Release Form.
  • It releases the City of liability for the pipes in case they break or leak.

See this form in other languages






Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Plumbing release form