The City’s commitment to young people
We envision a city where young people are safe, engaged, and valued.
Our goals for young people
Our priorities for young people include:
- Creating a culture that engages young people. We will do this with respect, cultural agility and a youth-centered approach.
- Encouraging involvement of young people in decisions that affect them.
- Repairing and ending harm through reparative actions and healing-centered approaches.
- Opening paths to economic stability. We will make these programs accessible and meaningful for young people.
- Allowing youth to feel represented in City leadership. It encourages them to move into leadership roles themselves.