Water main cleaning and lining
Every year, the City cleans and lines some of its water main pipes by removing rust from the pipes and installing a high-quality lining.
These updates help:
- prevent future rust
- extend the life of the pipes
- improve the look and flow of water through the pipes
We choose water pipes for cleaning and lining based on City inspections.
Water fees fund the project. Residents pay water fees with their monthly utility bill. The cost is not assessed to your property.
Temporary water mains
- The water main must be empty to complete the work.
- Therefore, each building connected to the water main being worked on, is given a temporary water line.
- We test the water in the temporary lines throughout the project to make sure that the water meets drinking water standards.
This year's water main projects
This project is ongoing.