North Loop resurfacing
Location1st St. N., 8th Ave. N., 2nd Ave. N., and 4th St. N. streets in the North Loop area North Loop
In this ongoing street maintenance program, we replace the top layer of asphalt pavement. This extends the life of a street between larger reconstructions. The new pavement should last about 10 years.
In 2020, we resurfaced part of this project:
- 4th St. N. from 5th Ave. to 10th Ave. N.
- 8th Ave. N. from 2nd St. to 1st. St. N.
- 1st St. N. from 3rd Ave. to 8th Ave. N.
In 2021, we resurfaced the remaining streets:
- 2nd Ave. N. from Washington Ave. to 1st St. N.
- 1st St. N. from Hennepin Ave. to 3rd Ave. N.
We replaced some concrete curbs first, followed by asphalt milling and paving.
We'll close the road and detour through-traffic for short periods of time during asphalt milling and paving.
This project is complete as of June 3, 2021.