Hennepin downtown reconstruction
2019 to 2022
LocationHennepin Ave. from Washington Ave. to 12th St. S. Downtown West
We plan to redesign and reconstruct Hennepin Ave. between Washington Ave. and 12th St.
Construction will include:
- repairing underground utilities
- repairing cross streets at each intersection
This redesign will stretch from the Mississippi River to the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden.
All travel types
The new Hennepin Ave. will accommodate all travel types within the existing right of way.
The new design will include:
- a sidewalk area with space for plants and furniture for pedestrians
- one-way bikeways installed behind the curb
- space for enhanced transit stops for the future Arterial Bus Rapid Transit service
- four vehicle lanes, with Hennepin Ave. remaining a two-way street
Hennepin Downtown website
This project is complete.
Sign up for project updates
Sign up to get alerts about this project. You'll need to provide your email address.