Bryant Ave. S. reconstruction
2020 - 2023
LocationBryant Ave. S. from Lake St. to 50th St. W. East Harriet Lynnhurst South Uptown
In 2023, the City of Minneapolis plans for Bryant Ave S, Phase 2 is to reconstruct the street from Lake St to 42nd St. W.
- Improve pedestrian safety and access
- Create an All Ages and Abilities bicycle connection in the area
- Support existing and future transit service in the area
- Go green to collect and treat stormwater runoff
- Accommodate business deliveries and customer access
Construction of phase 2 of the project will begin spring 2023.
Expect the following temporary traffic impacts:
- Lane restrictions
- Intersection reductions
- Parking restrictions
- Revised pedestrian and bicycle routes
Residents, businesses and visitors may face the following:
- Dust in work areas
The 2023 detour route map for Bryant Ave S project will be posted soon.
City Council-approved concept design
The Minneapolis City Council adopted the Public Works Recommended concept designs for Bryant Ave. S. and Lyndale Ave. S. on August 20, 2021. Mayor Frey approved the concept designs on August 23, 2021. Public Works staff will now begin working on detailed designs for the one-way recommended design for Bryant Ave. S and for pedestrian and transit improvements to Lyndale Ave. S.
Learn about the adopted concept designs
- Watch a video of the Public Works presentation to the Transportation and Public Works Committee of the City Council
- View the adopted concept designs
- View the adopted Complete Streets Checklist
What we've heard
This project is in progress.
Sign up for project updates
Sign up to get alerts about this project. You'll need to provide your email address.
Chief Field Inspector