Bryant Ave. S. reconstruction
In 2022, the City of Minneapolis plans to reconstruct the street on Bryant Ave S from Lake St to 50th St W.
- Improve pedestrian safety and access
- Create an All Ages and Abilities bicycle connection in the area
- Support existing and future transit service in the area
- Use green infrastructure to collect and treat stormwater runoff
- Accommodate business deliveries and customer access
City Council-approved concept design
The Minneapolis City Council adopted the Public Works Recommended concept designs for Bryant Ave. S. and Lyndale Ave. S. on August 20, 2021. Mayor Frey approved the concept designs on August 23, 2021. Public Works staff will now begin working on detailed designs for the one-way recommended design for Bryant Ave. S and for pedestrian and transit improvements to Lyndale Ave. S.
Learn about the adopted Concept Designs
- Watch a video of the Public Works presentation to the Transportation and Public Works Committee of the City Council
- View the adopted concept designs
What we've heard
This project is in the design phase. Engagement began in early 2020. We plan to start construction in 2022.
Sign up for project updates
Sign up to get alerts about this project. You'll need to provide your email address.