26th and 28th St. resurfacing
The City will remove and add a new layer of asphalt along 26th St. and 28th St. from Hennepin Ave. to Lyndale Ave.
Location26th St. and 28th St., from Hennepin Ave. S. to Lyndale Ave. S., in uptown Minneapolis Kenwood
In this ongoing street maintenance program, we replace the top layer of asphalt pavement to extend the life of a street between larger reconstructions. The new pavement should last about 10 years.
26th St. W.
- We'll begin some minor curb and gutter replacement the week of June 7, 2021, followed by milling on June 16 and paving on June 17.
- 26th St. W. will be closed and detoured via Lake St. during construction.
28th St. W.
- This street was postponed from late July. We'll begin work in mid-August with curb and gutter work, followed by asphalt milling and paving the week of September 7, 2021.
There will be some road closures during construction.
- 26th St. E. was closed and detoured via Lake St. the week of June 16, 2021 for construction.
- 28th St. E. was closed for two days in the week of September 7, 2021 for construction.
This project is complete.
Supervisor Engineering Technician