26th and 28th St. resurfacing
Location26th St. and 28th St., from Hennepin Ave. S. to Lyndale Ave. S., in uptown Minneapolis Kenwood
In this ongoing street maintenance program, we replace the top layer of asphalt pavement to extend the life of a street between larger reconstructions. The new pavement should last about 10 years.
26th St. W.
- We'll begin some minor curb and gutter replacement the week of June 7, 2021, followed by milling on June 16 and paving on June 17.
- 26th St. W. will be closed and detoured via Lake St. during construction.
28th St. W.
- This street was postponed from late July. We'll begin asphalt milling and paving on 28th St. W. in mid-August.
There will be some road closures during construction.
- 26th St. E. was closed and detoured via Lake St. the week of June 16, 2021 for construction.
- 28th St. E. will be closed for resurfacing in mid-August.
This project is in the construction phase. Work on 26th St. is complete; work on 28th St. begins in mid-August with concrete curb and gutter replacement.