1st Ave. S. reconstruction, Lake St. to Grant St.
- Improve safety and mobility for all people and modes of travel.
- Install an All Ages and Abilities bikeway facility.
- Find opportunities for green storm water improvements, plantings, and trees.
- Accommodate property access for people.
- Incorporate existing City policies.
We plan to reconstruct 1.5 miles of 1st Ave. S. between Grant St.
Upgrades will include:
- new sidewalks
- ADA pedestrian ramps
- bicycle accommodations
- new pavement
- curb and gutter replacement
- utility improvements
The project will also include as needed:
- signal improvements
- new signage
- new pavement markings
- 1st Ave S reconstruction fact sheet
- Engagement Summary (May 2022)
- Complete Streets Checklist 0%
- Complete Streets Checklist 30%
- 1st Ave S Phase 2 Engagement Summary final
- 1st Ave S Phase 2 engagement One Pager final
- Concept layout
Public meeting #3 - Open house
We held an open house at the Loring Park Community Arts Center on September 19, 2022.
Public meeting #2 - Open house
We held an open house at Whittier Community School on May 25, 2022.
Public meeting #1 - Virtual open house
We held a virtual public meeting, presentation, and question & answer session on Tuesday, March 8.
This project is in design.
Sign up for project updates
Sign up to get alerts about this project. You'll need to provide your email address.
First Ave South Project Team