Background and timeline
Planning timeline: community feedback
We gathered community feedback on whether we should reestablish the 3rd Precinct building at Lake & Minnehaha or at the alternative location.
- We hosted five precinct-wide community meetings.
- We also had eight meetings with cultural communities.
- People also shared their opinions online through the survey.
- Our consultant team analyzed the community engagement information.
- The team prepared a report and released it in July.
Planning for Spring 2024 site cleanup
Site cleanup will proceed in Spring 2024 at Minnehaha 3000, the former 3rd Precinct building location.
The site cleanup will:
- Secure the building
- Improve appearance of the site
- Allow us to remove barriers
Presented Minnehaha 3000 update
On September 19, 2023, we presented the update on Minnehaha 3000 to the Committee of the Whole.
3rd Precinct Building Team
Office of Public Service
350 South 5th. Street.
Minneapolis, MN 55415