2023 Bike and scooter compliance dashboard
You can see where people have reported bike or scooter issues and if the program is in compliance.
How to use the dashboard
View the data
For best results:
- View the dashboard in full screen.
- Use Chrome or Firefox as your browser.
Read the data
The dashboard is broken into several parts. It is separated by vehicle types, years, and companies allowed to operate in the City. Use the drop-down to see the data for a company.
- View program statistics by vehicle type and year
- View the sums of trips that meet the selected criteria
- Total numbers include classic bikes
- The map does not include classic bike counts as no GPS data is available for them
- View average calculations by day that meet the selected criteria
- Per day graphs do not include classic bike amounts
- The average percentage of the location of bicycles and scooters in the city. This data is compared to the City's equity requirements.
Fleet average calculations
- Rides/Day - The number of rides each scooter is being used for each day.
- Available averages - The number of available bicycles and scooters. An available scooter means the bicycle or scooter works, has a charged battery, is not in use, and is ready to rent.
- Note: The City assumes that 10% of available vehicles are in-ride and not included in this value.
Fleet utilization calculations
- Rides/Day - A value calculated as total trips per bicycle or scooter averaged per day.
- Note: NiceRide provides utilization numbers for classic bikes as bicycle trip data is not available to the City.
- Bicycle or scooter complaints by ward.
Search the 311 complaints data
- Use the table - view a summary of complaints by ward.
- Use the map view - hover over a dot to see the type of complaint and the date.
Program distribution requirements are areas where bicycles and scooters must be placed to help the City meet equity goals for scooter ridership. These areas are set based on the Met Council’s Areas of Concentrated Poverty.
Source of data
The City uses two open data tools for bicycle and scooter data. The tools are General Bikeshare Feed Specification (GBFS) and Mobility Data Specification (MDS).