We hold public auctions on the first Thursday of each month at the Impound Lot.
- 8 a.m. – Registration begins
- 9 a.m. – Inspection begins
- 10:30 a.m. – Auction begins
Friedrichs Auctions handles the City's vehicle auctions. Friedrichs Auctions is solely responsible for the accuracy and appropriateness of the information on its website.
- You must be at least 18 years old to attend.
- Only people with bidding numbers ($5, nonrefundable) will be allowed in.
- There's a minimum bid of $10 unless otherwise specified.
- You must pay for the vehicle in full at the auction.
Accepted forms of payment
You can pay with cash, preapproved business checks, American Express, Visa or MasterCard.
- Vehicles sold at auction do not have license plates.
- Please refer to vehicle titles (below) for details on how to drive vehicle out of Impound Lot.
- You can always tow vehicles out of the lot with the notarized Bill of Sale.
Upon vehicle sale, the customer will receive a receipt and a notarized Bill of Sale. On the back of the Bill of Sale is a vehicle safety checklist. You must complete the checklist before arriving at Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS). With this paperwork, you can apply for a title and new license plates.
Driver and Vehicle Services requires salvaged or rebuilt vehicles to be inspected. The nearest inspection station is in St. Paul.