Healthy Living Minneapolis
HealthyLiving Minneapolis is a network of Minneapolis organizations that provide accessible and affordable programs and services for healthy eating, physical activity, and tobacco cessation. This network of organizations partners with clinics to accept referrals and link patients to resources. The network's resources, along with similar resources statewide, are listed and updated online at www.MNHelp.Info .
If you are a clinic interested in partnering with HealthyLiving to refer patients, this is what you can expect:
- Learn about the programs and services offered through the network
- Partner with select network organizations to create a warm hand-off referral process
- Opportunities for patient and staff cooking and fitness demonstrations, incentives and trial passes
Partnerships across public health, clinics and community organizations capitalize on shared healthy lifestyle goals and provide coordinated services to meet community needs. The Healthy Living network is a sustainable way to connect Minneapolis residents to community-based resources to help them obtain and maintain a healthy weight, and to quit smoking. Healthy Living could be used to transform our community into one where people are linked to resources to live healthy via their schools, worksites, child care, and other venues, as well as their clinics.
Network organizations were selected based on patient and provider needs for public, free and low-cost resources that meet cultural and linguistic needs. HealthyLiving Minneapolis network organizations that partner with clinics to accept referrals and link patients to resources are:
- Minneapolis Community Education
- Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board
- University of Minnesota Extension, Simply Good Eating and Cooking Matters
- WellShare International
- YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities
- YWCA of Minneapolis
Partner organizations include network organizations providing services as well as other cultural and professional organizations that partner with HealthyLiving to meet its vision. Current partners are:
- Hennepin County Public Health Department
- Minneapolis Health Department
- Minnesota Dietetic Association
- University of Minnesota, School of Public Health, Nutrition
Lara Pratt, MPH
SHIP Manager, Minneapolis
Phone: (612) 673-3815
Should you require a reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate, or information in an alternative format, please contact 612-673-2301.
Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.
Last updated Aug 16, 2018