- The City picks up regular household garbage each week.
- You may also set out up to two large items for pickup.
- Large items that cannot be recycled are collected with garbage.
- Large items that can be recycled may only be set out on recycling week.
We will not pick up the following items:
- Auto parts
- Building materials (construction and demolition debris)
- Household hazardous waste (motor oil, oil filters, paints, chemicals, etc.)
- Rechargeable batteries
You can bring these items to a drop-off location. . For options, see Hennepin County’s Green Disposal Guide
- Alkaline batteries (single use AA, AAA, etc.) may be put in your garbage cart.
- Rechargeable batteries are a fire hazard and are banned from all garbage and recycling carts.
Other options for batteries
If you cannot remove a battery
Lithium and other rechargeable batteries are flammable. When disposing of them, help prevent fires by:
- Putting clear tape over the positive (+) and negative (-) terminals
- Placing each battery in its own clear plastic bag