Ways to report a crime or incident

We explain the various ways you can report a crime or incident.

Ways to report

Call 911 for immediate aid emergencies

Call 911 to request an ambulance for a medical emergency or to report

  • A fire
  • A crime in progress
  • An incident that may require a police officer at the scene

Read more about when to call 911

Call 311 for nonemergencies

In Minneapolis, call 311 to report issues such as:

  • Suspicious activity when no crime is in progress
  • Abandoned vehicles or parking violations

Contact 311

Report in person at your police precinct

To make a report in person, go to your police precinct. 

Find your precinct

Make an online police report

Use the online form to report incidents such as theft, lost property or damage to property. 

Submit an online report

Submit an anonymous tip

To submit a tip anonymously, you can

Do you need help right now?

For an emergency, dial 911. For a non-emergency, contact 311.