Food, Lodging & Pools
Do you suspect you may have Food Poisoning? Get the facts.
Food Safety Materials for Businesses
Visit the Food Safety webpage for useful checklists, cooling and temperature logs, other resources and informative articles
To learn more about Food Safety programs and the requirements for opening or operating businesses in the City of Minneapolis, visit the pages listed under Food, Lodging, and Pools and see Enforcement and Ordinances.
7th Somali Business Community Forum https://www.youtube.com/7thSomaliforum
East African owners and managers of food businesses licensed in Minneapolis. and other businesses, are invited to the 7th Somali Business Community Forum.
April 18, 2017
9:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Phillips Community Center gym
2323 11th Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55404
With special guest Council Member Abdi Warsame
Discussion Topics / Mowduucyada shirka
- Sick and Safe Time ordinance discussion / Falanqaynta sharciga fasaxa shaqaalaha markay jiradaan
- Cedar Riverside Opportunity Center / Xarunta fursadaha ee Cedar Riverside
- Plastic bag ban / Mamnuucida bacaha caaga ka samaysan ee adeega
- Seasonal Food and Event Food Permit applications / Cunto xiliyeedka iyo shatiga cuntooyinka lagu gado bandhigyada
- Farmers and municipal market proposed ordinance changes / Beeralayda iyo soo jeedinta waxka bedalka xeerka magaalada
- MN Food Code update / Cusboonaysiinta lambarka cuntada
- Business Licensing common violations / Jabinta shatiga ganacsiga ee ugu badan
- Certified food manager training classes in Somali / Koorsada tababarka maaraynta cuntada oo af-Soomaali lagu dhigayo
- Additional free food safety training in Somali / Tababarka fayadhowrka cuntada oo Soomaali ku baxaya oo bilaash ah
Hosted by the City of Minneapolis Health Department and Business Licensing.
Restaurant inspectors shift attention to high-risk violations
http://www.startribune.com/illness-risks-take-a-larger-role-in-local-restaurant-inspections/375274261/ Minneapolis translates kitchen safety for immigrants
http://www.startribune.com/minneapolis-translates-kitchen-safety-for-immigrant-restaurateurs/374381301/ Written food safety test is hurdle for Somali businesses
Minneapolis Offers First Somali-Language Food Safety Course
Legislative and Ordinance Updates
Cottage Food Bill Law Updates
(affecting home processor and pickle bill vendors registered with the City of Minneapolis) On July 1, 2015, changes to the cottage food bill require vendors to register with the Minnesota Department of Agriculture.
On July 1, 2015, changes to the cottage food bill require vendors to register with the Minnesota Department of Agriculture.
Food, Lodging & Pools works to protect the health and safety of the public.
We do this by regulating:
- Food establishments
- Swimming pools
- Body art establishments
- Laundry/dry cleaning operations
- Tanning facilities
- Conduct health inspections
- Investigate complaints and outbreaks
- Enforce applicable city ordinances, state laws, and federal regulations
The Food, Lodging and Pools team. In addition to English, team members speak Spanish, Somali, Mandarin Chinese, Hmong, Portuguese, Lao and Korean. April 2017
We work closely with our partners to ensure that our residents and business communities have access to the information and resources they need. Our partners include:
Should you require a reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate, or information in an alternative format, please contact 612-673-2301.
Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500
Last updated Apr 28, 2017