• The focus of this award is to recognize the larger accomplishments of MDHFS Staff.
• Any staff member is eligible to receive this award.
• As of September 2011, the award will be given quarterly to one individual and one division/group..
• MDHFS Staff can nominate their peers for this award by filling out the Skipper Award Nomination Form.
• Nominations should be for staff accomplishments that have contributed to the department and/or City goals.
• Nominations could also be for extraordinary contributions to a positive work environment.
• In either case, the award should reflect accomplishments or contributions since the last MDHFS All-Staff Meeting.
• Examples of nominations (but not limited to):
• Presentation on the department’s behalf
• Completion of an on-going project or goal
• Hard work and dedication to the department
• Efforts that led to the improvement of the department morale/work environment
• Nominations can be for an individual, whole division (i.e.; School Based Clinics, Healthy Start, Research, etc) or project team.
• The Recognition Team will then evaluate the nominations and select an award winner. Team will take into consideration nominees’ divisions and roles in order to equally distribute award across the department.
• Award winners will be announced at the next All-Staff Meeting.
• The award winners will receive the Skipper trophy to be displayed at his/her work station for the following quarter and a certificate that he/she can keep.
• Individual staff members and divisions can receive this award only once a year.
**Please keep in mind an individual or division can only receive the award once a year. If someone received the award as part of a division, they can be nominated again as an individual for a different reason.
Nominator’s Name (optional):
Name(s) of Nominee(s):
Reason for Nomination
Please be as specific as possible. The Recognition Team may not be familiar with the work of the individual/division. Please keep the nomination guidelines in mind as you complete this form.
How has the nominee contributed to the MDHFS or City goals?
Last updated Sep 10, 2012