City of Minneapolis Webmail
To log in to Webmail
- Use the same user name and password that you use at work
- Add your domain before your user name followed by a backslash character, usually it's CITY\user name
- Select "This is a public or shared computer" if you are using computer somplace like a library, coffee shop or school
- Select "This is a private computer" if you are using your home computer or a city-owned device
- Check "Use the light version of Outlook" if you have a slow connection
Settings for Internet Explorer to work properly
- Click Tools → Internet Options
- On the Advanced tab, under Security, check all boxes for SSL and TLS
- Press OK
Be sure to click "Sign out" when your done!
Protect yourself and City information. See more about security.
Don’t know your domain?
Look for it in your log-in window the next time you log on at work, or contact the Service Desk, 1-800-262-3112, and they can look it up for you.
Refreshing your inbox while using Webmail
While using Webmail, don't refresh your browser, click the "Check Messages" icon.
WebMail is designed to work with Internet Explorer, Firefox, and even Safari, though some features may display differently. Some browsers may default to the light version in which some features may be unavailable.
Minimum versions of compatible browsers listed below:
- Internet Explorer 7 and later
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.1 and later
- Apple Safari 3.1 and later
- Chrome 3 and later
- Bookmark Webmail as a favorite on your computer, but never bookmark it if you're using a public computer.
- Do not select "remember my password" options if prompted.
- Log off and close your browser when you are done using Webmail. Failure to do so can compromise security for your e-mail account and for the City’s e-mail system.
- Webmail is configured to log you off after a period of inactivity. You will also be logged off if you browse to another website.
Last updated Jul. 27, 2012