Represented by the Central Neighborhood Development Organization (CANDO), Central neighborhood is originally named after Minneapolis Central High School. Built in 1913, it was one of the city's largest schools located at the intersection of Fourth Avenue and 34th Street. It closed in 1982.
Central Neighborhood's boundaries are defined by Lake Street to the north, 38th Street to the south, 2nd Avenue to the west, and Chicago Avenue to the east.
Learn more in the Central Neighborhood Profile (pdf).
Last updated Nov. 1, 2013