City Council – Ward 8
First Elected - November 2005
- Attorney representing individuals in employment and civil rights cases, Hedin Goldberg & Glidden (1994-2005);
- Legal writing instructor, University of Minnesota School of Law (1996-98);
- Volunteer attorney, Minnesota Advocates for Human Rights (1996 - 2005);
- Minnesota Chapter, National Employment Lawyers Association (1994-present) and President (2002-03);
- Amicus Advisory Panel, National Employment Lawyers Association (2000-05)
- American Marshall Memorial Fellow, German Marshall Fund (2004).
- Civic Orchestra of Minneapolis violinist (1994 - present) and President (2000-2002);
- Hennepin History Museum, Vice-President (2003-05);
- Advisor and volunteer, Interfaith Center for Worker Justice (2003-04);
- Somalian Women's Association, Secretary (1999-2002).
- Bachelor of Arts, English and Government & Int'l Affairs, Augustana College (1990);
- Juris doctor, University of Iowa College of Law (1993);
- Master of Public Affairs, Humphrey Institute, University of Minnesota (2004).
Last updated Sep. 27, 2011