Welcome to Ward 7
Ward 7 is located on the Western edge of Minneapolis and is home to eight great neighborhoods: Bryn Mawr, Cedar-Isles-Dean, Downtown Minneapolis, East Isles, Elliot Park, Kenwood-Isles, Loring Park, and Lowry Hill. Lakes and parks are one of the predominant features of ward 7 with convenient access to trails and greenspace. Ward 7 also includes vibrant portions of downtown such as the Hennepin Avenue Theatre district and Nicollet Mall.
Distinguishing features of Ward 7
- Beautiful, historic, in-demand residential neighborhoods like Kenwood, Lowry Hill, Cedar-Isles-Dean, and Bryn Mawr
- Exciting and active Downtown residential areas, including Loring Park and Elliot Park.
- Vibrant Downtown financial/business core with great shopping and dining along the newly renovated Nicollet Mall.
- Hennepin Avenue Theater District featuring the Historic State, Orpheum and Pantages Theaters as well as The Cowles Center for Dance.
- Nationally renowned Walker Art Center and recently redesigned Minneapolis Sculpture Garden.
- Scenic Lake of the Isles, Cedar Lake, Loring Pond, Brownie Lake and the Commons Park.
- Minneapolis Convention Center and 7,000+ hotel rooms.
- Educational opportunities through Minneapolis Community & Technical College, Dunwoody College of Technology, Metropolitan State University (Minneapolis Campus), University of St. Thomas (Minneapolis Campus).
- A variety of special events and annual festivals including: Minneapolis Aquatennial; Twin Cities Pride Festival; Loring Park Art Festival; Holidazzle; Basilica Block Party and Rock the Garden
- Ward 7 Profile
Join us for Lunch with Lisa
Each month Lisa hosts ‘Lunch with Lisa’ at the Minneapolis campus of St. Thomas. These monthly gatherings have a rotating topic related to the city of Minneapolis. Feel free to bring your own lunch or reserve a lunch for $10.
To join us for our monthly Lunch with Lisa gatherings or to be added to our mailing list contact Ward 7.
Tennessen Warning (Minnesota Statutes, § 13.04, subd. 2)
If you sign up to receive updates from our office, the email address you provide is private data under the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act. You are not legally or otherwise required to provide your email, but we cannot contact you without it. Only the following persons may access your email address:
- Elected office employees
- City employees who reasonably require access
- Individuals who may access the data under state, federal, or local law, or by court order
Last updated Jul 24, 2019