Welcome to Ward 7
Ward 7 is located on the Western edge of Minneapolis and is home to eight great neighborhoods: Bryn Mawr, Cedar-Isles-Dean, Downtown Minneapolis, East Isles, Elliot Park, Kenwood-Isles, Loring Park, and Lowry Hill. Lakes and parks are one of the predominant features of ward 7 with convenient access to trails and greenspace. Ward 7 also includes vibrant portions of downtown such as the Hennepin Avenue Theatre district and Nicollet Mall.
Distinguishing features of Ward 7
- Beautiful, historic, in-demand residential neighborhoods like Kenwood, Lowry Hill, Cedar-Isles-Dean, and Bryn Mawr
- Exciting and active Downtown residential areas, including Loring Park and Elliot Park.
- Vibrant Downtown financial/business core with great shopping and dining along the newly renovated Nicollet Mall.
- Hennepin Avenue Theater District featuring the Historic State, Orpheum and Pantages Theaters as well as The Cowles Center for Dance.
- Nationally renowned Walker Art Center and recently redesigned Minneapolis Sculpture Garden.
- Scenic Lake of the Isles, Cedar Lake, Loring Pond, Brownie Lake and the Commons Park.
- Minneapolis Convention Center and 7,000+ hotel rooms.
- Educational opportunities through Minneapolis Community & Technical College, Dunwoody College of Technology, Metropolitan State University (Minneapolis Campus), University of St. Thomas (Minneapolis Campus).
- A variety of special events and annual festivals including: Minneapolis Aquatennial; Twin Cities Pride Festival; Loring Park Art Festival; Holidazzle; Basilica Block Party and Rock the Garden
- Ward 7 Profile
Join us for Lunch with Lisa
Each month Lisa hosts ‘Lunch with Lisa’ at the Minneapolis campus of St. Thomas. These monthly gatherings have a rotating topic related to the city of Minneapolis. Feel free to bring your own lunch or reserve a lunch for $10.
To join us for our monthly Lunch with Lisa gatherings or to be added to our mailing list contact Ward 7
Last updated Jan 9, 2019