Requesting an Alternate URL

Department heads may request an alternate URL (e.g.,, based on the standard domain name, be assigned and propagated to the Internet by the City’s information technology department for official City Web services hosted by a non-City Internet Service Provider (ISP).

How To Request An Alternate Url

  1. Contact the Manager of BIS, e-Government Development and Web Services, at (612) 673-2496 for approval of an alternate URL.
  2. If the request is approved, submit a Change Control Request

Roles & Responsibilities

Last updated Sep 27, 2011



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Minneapolis 14 Government TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo