Computer Locking and Unlocking
Users shall secure their computer by enabling the screen lock feature when the computer is left unattended. This will minimize unauthorized access and use.
Locking Your Computer
- Simultaneously press the Ctrl, Alt and Delete keys.
- Select "Lock Computer" by clicking on it.
The computer is now secured until the user returns
Unlocking Your Computer
- To unlock, simultaneously press Ctrl, Alt and Delete keys again.
- Enter your password.
You may now resume working on your computer.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Users are responsible for securing their computer workstations.
- Supervisors and managers are responsible for educating staff about security procedures
- Failure to lock (secure) your computer workstation may allow unauthorized access to your computer and the enterprise network.
Last updated Sep. 27, 2011