Using the Incident Location Forms

About the forms used to identify where the incident took place.

Select from three Location forms. You can identify where the incident occurred as

On the Select Location of Incident screen, choose the location type you will be using and press "Next>>".

Below are examples of the three ways to enter an incident location in a report. Loring Park will be the incident location used in the examples.


Loring Park is located at 1382 Willow Street. Enter part or all of the number, street name and direction and press "Next>>".

The system checks the address and returns a list of one or more valid addresses that match your entry.

Select the desired address and press "Next>>".

If the address you entered is not recognized, see "TIPS About Addresses…"

TIPS About Addresses…

Address searches can be tricky. Too much detail, too little detail, or a misspelling can cause the system to not recognize the address you've entered. If this happens, change the your entry by giving more or less address detail. Here are some examples:


When you don't have the exact address or the address you are using is not recognized by the system, identify the location using a nearby intersection. There are several intersections around Loring Park: 15 St W & Willow St, 14 St & Willow, Grant St & Willow. Use the intersection closest to where the incident you are reporting occurred.

Enter the two street names and press "Next>>".

The system verifies that they intersect and displays one or more possible matches.

Select the intersection that best matches your incident location and press "Next>>".

What if the street names I entered are not recognized as a valid intersection?


An easy way to select an incident location is by Landmark. Landmarks can be selected from several categories: Park, Sports Venue, University of Minnesota or Place of Worship. Click on the arrow in the "Type of Landmark" and select the Landmark type. If the site you want is not listed, use one of the other location entry options (Address or Intersection).

Then select the specific location from the Landmark/Building list and press "Next>>".

If you don’t see your incident location on this page, press the "<<Back" button and enter the location as an Address or Intersection.

Last updated Mar 28, 2018



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Minneapolis 14 Government TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo