Rental Property Owners Workshop (RPOW)
The City of Minneapolis provides a monthly comprehensive workshop for rental property owners and managers. Attending the workshop provides attendees with valuable information, resources and opportunities to network with other property owners. Workshop topics:
- Housing Inspections Process and Tips: How do I maintain my rental license? How do I prepare for an inspection? What tier is my property, and how do I move between tiers?
- Rental License Criminal Conduct Notice Process and working with the Minneapolis Police Department
- Resources Available for Rental Owners and Managers
- Housing Court: You must view our Housing Court video online to get full credit for the workshop
We convene one monthly workshop on a weekday evening from 6pm to 9pm from January through November, and one on occasional Saturday mornings from 10am-1pm.
There is no fee for owners of Minneapolis rental properties who are enrolled in our Action Alert system.
To register: Email Crime Prevention Analyst Luther Krueger at [email protected]. Include the following:
- a list of all residential rental properties you own or manage
- your contact information including street address, phone number and email address
- note whether you are converting any homesteaded single-family home to rental (the workshop certificate entitles you to a discount on the conversion fee), applied for a license for a current rental property, or have filed to have a license reinstated
On receipt of the above information, you will be sent the current schedule of workshops with seats still available.
Please understand that our workshops are in high demand and fill up rapidly. At this time we can only register those intending to apply for a rental license, with a license application pending, or already with licensed rental properties. All others wishing to attend will need to pay a $30 workshop fee and may be "bumped" from workshops that fill up with licensed Minneapolis owners.
Thank you for taking this step to make your property safer!
Last updated Nov 14, 2017