Rental Property Owners Workshop (RPOW)
The Minneapolis Police Department provides a comprehensive workshop for rental property owners and managers two times a month. Attending the workshop provides attendees with valuable information, resources and opportunities to network with other property owners. Workshop topics:
- The ABCs of Rental Property Management
- Rental License Criminal Conduct Notice Process
- Working with the Minneapolis Police Department
- Resources Available for Rental Owners and Managers
- Rental License Standards for the City of Minneapolis
- Housing Court: You must view our Housing Court video online to get full credit for the workshop
We convene one monthly workshop on a weekday evening from 6pm to 9pm, and one on a Saturday from 10am-1pm.
There is no fee for owners of Minneapolis rental properties who are enrolled in our Action Alert system.
To register: Email Crime Prevention Analyst Luther Krueger at Luther.Krueger@minneapolismn.gov. Include the following:
- a list of all residential rental properties you own or manage
- your contact information including street address, phone number and email address
- note whether you are converting any homesteaded single-family home to rental (the workshop certificate entitles you to a discount on the conversion fee), or have filed to have a license reinstated
On receipt of the above information, you will be sent the current schedule of workshops with seats still available.
Please understand that our workshops are in high demand and fill up rapidly. At this time we can only register those intending to apply for a rental license, with a license application pending, or already with licensed rental properties. All others wishing to attend will need to pay a $30 workshop fee and may be "bumped" from workshops that fill up with licensed Minneapolis owners.
Thank you for taking this step to make your property safer!
Last updated May 30, 2014