Minneapolis Police Reserve
MPD Now Accepting Applications for Police Reserve Class!
Applications are now being accepted.
Minneapolis Police Reserve Application (PDF)
The Minneapolis Police Reserve officers assist the Minneapolis Police Department at the precinct stations and substations in staffing and performing many non-enforcement duties.
Non-enforcement duties include numerous community events like the Minneapolis Aquatennial, the Twin Cities Marathon, and Crime Prevention awareness.
The Minneapolis Police Reserve officers also assist in emergencies and natural disasters around the Twin Cities area if needed.
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. A United States citizen.
3. It would be advisable to live within the 7 county metro area for traveling into Minneapolis or other metro areas as assigned for events/incidents.
4. A valid driver’s license is required to drive squad cars. A background check will be conducted on all applicants. This is the same process that is conducted by the Minneapolis Police Department.
The following shall result in the rejection of a Police Reserve Application:
1. Felony Conviction:
Until Ten Years have passed since the expiration of any sentence and/or probation and any fines/court costs have been paid.
2. Gross Misdemeanor Conviction:
Until Five Years have passed since the expiration of any sentence and/or probation and any fines/court costs have been paid.
3. Misdemeanor Conviction:
Until One Year has passed since the expiration of any sentence and/or probation and any fines/court costs have been paid.
4. Controlled Substance Conviction.
5. Criminal Sexual Misconduct Conviction.
6. Theft Conviction.
7. Candidate is listed as a defendant or suspect in any pending/active criminal cases or has an outstanding warrant and/or is considered to be a fugitive from justice.
8. Documented patterns of misconduct and/or disregard for legal authority. (To Include: Any expunged criminal records, "De Novo" and/or "Continued Pending Future Offense" court sentencing, Sealed records and any court "Diversion Program" dispositions.)
9. Candidate makes false statement(s) and/or attempts to practice deception, fraud or intentionally omits relevant information.
10. Candidate is listed as a "Respondent" of a current Restraining or Harassment Order for Protection.
11. Any DWI within the past 5 years.
If need more information, call the Recruitment Officer at 612-290-5060, or 612-673-3350. Or, or write to:
Minneapolis Police Reserve
4119 Dupont Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55412
Office phone: 612-290-5060 or 612-370-3881
Other Reserves contacts:
Deputy Chief Poucher
Last updated Aug 18, 2014